Find the right fit for your eyes at Marciano Family Optometric.
Do you need vision correction but don’t want to wear eyeglasses full time? Contact lenses are a great option for almost anyone.
We offer a wide selection at our West Palm Beach office, and our experienced team of eye care professionals can help you find the right contacts for you.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options?
There are many contact lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common contact lens types:
- Hard contact lenses – Hard contact lenses are rigid gas permeable. This means that they are porous enough to allow oxygen to enter through to the cornea. Hard contact lenses keep their shape on the eye. As such, they are sometimes recommended to curb the progression of nearsightedness in younger wearers.
- Soft contact lenses – Soft contact lenses are popular because they are very comfortable for the wearer. Soft contact lenses don’t “pop out” the way hard lenses occasionally might. Soft lenses are appropriate to correct near and farsightedness and astigmatism.
- Disposable soft contact lenses – Intended to be worn for a short time, to help prevent allergic reactions or bacterial infections in sensitive wearers. Disposable lenses are also appropriate for children who might not take excellent care when cleaning their lenses.
- Extended wear contact lenses – Extended wear contact lenses are designed to be worn constantly for long periods of time – up to a week. They do need to be deep cleaned weekly, however. Unlike all other lenses, extended wear contacts can be worn while sleeping. The lens type allows sufficient oxygen to reach the eye for health.
- Daily wear contact lenses – Most contact lenses are daily wear. That is they are worn all day and then removed at night for cleaning. These lenses generally last until their give expiration date, at which point they must be discarded and replaced because the lens material begins to break down.
- Colored contact lenses – These are worn to enhance or completely change the visual color of the iris. They are still prescription contact lenses, however, and need to be treated with the same care you would give to regular lenses. Many — but not all — brands of contact lens companies offer colored lens options.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Marciano Family Optometric offers comprehensive eye exams at our West Palm Beach office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a contact lens exam at Marciano Family Optometric now.